New Zealand Rugby (NZR), one of New Zealand’s leading sporting organisations, is looking for a Junior Accountant to join our finance team to help support in all areas of accounting and finance planning.
As our Junior Accountant, you will be ready to learn and contribute, and be flexible to adapt throughout the year, according to our annual workplan. You will work with, and learn from, all members of our amazing finance team. This includes becoming responsible for managing our accounts receivable processes and credit control, assisting with accounts payable, month end accounting, the year end audit, tax, Capex, management accounting, forecasting, and budgeting.
You will enjoy a varied role that interacts with all parts of NZR. You will be confident and comfortable dealing with a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external to our organisation.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A willingness to learn, grow and become an integral part of our finance team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a can-do attitude
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Accounting and studying towards (or eligible and ready to study towards) a CA/CPA qualification
- Strong numerical skills, accurate data entry and strong computer literacy using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Previous experience in an accounting role and using a Financial Management Information System would be an advantage
At NZR we love what we do, we work hard and have fun! You’ll be joining a team of awesome people who are passionate about the game and each other, and you’ll be backed with support to thrive in your role. We know that life isn’t all about work, so we are open to flexible working options.
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to improving our cultural responsiveness. We embrace and respect each other’s values and we are so proud to be Rainbow Tick certified. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and walks of life.
If you are looking to join a fantastic group of people and think you have what it takes, then don’t delay, submit your CV and cover letter now!
Applications close at midday, Tuesday 19 January.
To be considered for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Aotearoa, New Zealand and obtain a clear MOJ check.